Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Christmas Joy Part 2 - Food, Glorious Food

With both of our families, when it comes to the holidays it is ALL about the food!
To the left is a picture of my family's traditional Christmas morning quiche. We MUST have this on Christmas morning. I can only remember one year when we have not had it - a few years ago, we all woke up on Christmas morning, opened the presents and then sat down to breakfast where my mom presented us with some breakfast casserole. We all cried, "WHAT IS THIS?! Where is the Christmas Quiche???!!!" She had thought we might all be tired of it and wanted to try something new....We didn't. She felt so bad she made quiche for us the next day!
I am a lucky girl to have both a mother and a husband who are amazing cooks. They really enjoy being in the kitchen together and sharing tips. I couldn't resist snapping this picture of them making cinnamon rolls...
Here we all are for Christmas Eve dinner, except me of course because I am taking the picture. Mom (with some other helping hands) made roast tenderloin, ham, baked potatoes with an amazing topping, sweet potatoes with marshmallows (my favorite), homemade rolls (also my favorite), broccoli-cheese stuffed tomatoes, cranberry salad...It was a glorious meal!!!
Isn't food the best?! Especially when you prepare it and eat it with the ones you love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday time this year. We had quiche for Christmas morning too.
Angela

Mamapierce said...

That quiche looks tasty - care to share the recipe??

Anonymous said...

I'm more interested in the topping on the baked potato... yumm!
Ilona