Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Black Bean Burgers

I have been bragging about Scott's black bean burgers for a while now, so I thought I'd better share the recipe. They are AMAZING. The combination of flavors is incredible!




2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
2 Tbsp chopped onion
1/2 heaping tsp cayenne pepper
3/4 egg, beaten
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1/2 heaping cup seasoned bread crumbs

Mix first 7 ingredients in food processor and then add bread crumbs and mix thoroughly. Then it will look like this:Make into patties. Lightly coat a frying pan with olive oil and fry.Now this is important - garnish with:
cheddar cheese
mayo
lettuce
tomato
dill pickles
Mmmmmm, yummy!
If you can manage it, be sure to eat them on the patio on a beautiful fall evening with family.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look YUMMY! Is that the patio at your new house???

Sarah C said...

Those looks great. We will have to try them out.

Anonymous said...

I love black beans! I also love a little kick of cayenne. Thanks for the recipe...i'll be making them soon!

Mamapierce said...

What a great idea! That's a great use for food storage black beans...

nicole said...

YUM! Thanks for sharing the recipe... I'm seriously going to try it out!! Go Scott!

jennifer said...

Ang - yep, that's the new patio. What you don't see is the huge gazebo we are sitting under and all the flowers and landscaping. It is paradise!

Anonymous said...

How AWESOME! Seriously, you need to put up some pics from around the house. I am dying to see it.

Lilola said...

The burgers look great, Ronald darling wants to try them right away. I'm reading the recipe and wonder how you measure three fourths of an egg? ;)

Introspective Steph said...

the black bean burger's look good!!! It reminds me of my friends burgers... She made a Tex-Mex version of a burger with salsa, cheese and tortilla chips all in the burger itself...it was delicious!