Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!


(Hee hee!)

We went to Trunk or Treat at the church on Wednesday. As I was standing there handing out candy, a little girl of about 9 or 10 came and stood by me and started handing candy to the other children out of her own bag.

I asked her, "Are you giving away your own candy?"

And her response, "It's OK, I have lots!"

What a sweet, thoughtful, generous choice she made. I could tell she felt proud and happy to give to someone else.

I think that's one of the best differences between choosing to give and being compelled to give - the good feelings that come as a result of choice.

So, choose to have a happy Halloween!

3 comments:

The Woods said...

What a funny cartoon! Too bad it's true.

Mamapierce said...

Funny cartoon. Did you get some yummy Halloween candy??

Courtney said...

That cartoon is so funny! I hope I am not sad on Tuesday!