So, I'm in Omaha Nebraska, helping Ben and Josephine get moved and settled into their new house. It's a beautiful home and we're having a great time unpacking, arranging furniture, picking out paint colors and planning all the interior decorating. But you might be able to tell from my list of favorites today what the best part about being here is!
Today's Favorite Things are...
1. Waking up to the sound of the laughter of the cutest 2 year old and 4 year old known to man. Really, that was the first thing I heard as I began to regain consciousness this morning, and it just filled my heart with happiness!
2. Feeding the most precious 6 week old ever her bottle. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing when it comes to babies. I'm a bit intimidated by them if truth be told. But little Claire gobbled all her milk up and then burped nice and loud, so I must have done something right.
3. Kissing baby Claire's head and getting hugs and snuggles from Tyler and Ashley (when they slow down enough to give them.) Cute. Just cute.
4. Helping the kids unpack their boxes of toys. Each newly rediscovered toy was just so exciting! As every toy emerged, they would exclaim "WOW!!!!" (We should all be so delighted about all the stuff we already own!)
5. Finding toys in my bed when I climbed in to get settled and write this post. I think they left them here as a little gift to remind me that they love me. I'm sure I'll need to give them back tomorrow.
I love being an Aunt!