Because of our job, Scott and I spend a lot of time in the car together, driving all over the state and beyond for work assignments. I've learned to love and look forward to this part of my days...
Today's Favorite Things are:
1. Seeing the sun rise. Most days, we have to be Somewhere Far, Far Away by Very, Very Early. And, I am NOT a morning person. That said, when necessity hauls my groggy butt out of bed at the crack of dawn, I do always manage to appreciate seeing the beauty of the sunrise.
2. Rush, Sean and Neal. I am a conservative girl living in a liberal world. Gotta stay in touch with the voices of reason!
3. Nap time. My wonderful and self-sacrificing husband always drives, so sometimes I get to sleep on the way to or from work...or both. I keep one of these in the car for such purposes: (Wait...is he always driving because he is so gallant or because he doesn't like MY driving? Oh well, either way I get extra sleep!)
4. Chatting. Sometimes when we're home, we're so busy going different directions (or watching too much TV, I'll admit it...) that we don't talk enough. Being trapped in the car together for hours kinda remedies that! Today we spend the trip talking about our favorite things about Christmas, childhood memories and plans for our future holidays together. It was my very favorite part of the day.
5. Coming home. There's nothing better than walking in the door and having the cutest little dog in the world leap into your arms and give you kisses!