Tonight I illustrated the fact that I know very little about children. I decided I wanted to dip pretzels with Tyler and Ashley, so I melted the chocolate and peanut butter chips, and propped them up on some kitchen chairs to help me at the counter.
I showed them how and fully expected that they would do it just like I showed them - dip your pretzel, swirl it around and put it on the plate.Then I quickly realized that this was going to be nothing more than a fondue dipping party......that got messier......and messier.But the kids had fun......and definitely needed a bath by the time we were done!The results are delicious!Poor baby Claire didn't get to have any fun...Give her a couple of years, though. I'll get her into all sorts of trouble!
Today's Favorite Things are...
1. Adventures in Pretzel Dipping!
2. Good Customer Service. Josephine and I went furniture shopping today. The man at the outlet we went to was warm, pleasant, helpful, not pushy and gave her a great deal on her new bedroom furniture. Love it!
3. A new TV show. Ben and Josephine have been watching Leverage and introduced me to it tonight. I am a sucker for a good TV show, and this one just might make it onto my favorites list on my sidebar.
4. Chocolate Overload. As if gorging ourselves on chocolate-peanut butter pretzels wasn't enough, Ben made brownies tonight, too. We ate them warm with a big glass of milk. Heaven.
5. Missing Scott. I have to say, as much fun as I am having, I'm ready to go home tomorrow. I miss my cute husband. We have been talking on the phone several times a day though, and it reminds me of before we were married and I was in OH and he was in MD and we talked for hours and hours. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and I am FOND of that man!!
1 week ago