Friday, December 19, 2008

The Comforts of Home

As much as I love traveling, especially to visit family, nothing beats the comforts of home. Being gone for several days helps me appreciate even more those little everyday things that I normally sometimes take for granted.

Today's Favorite Things are...

1. Our memory foam mattress topper. If you don't have one of these, and you're not one of those lucky people who have a memory foam mattress, go get one. It makes your bed ten million times more comfortable. They're inexpensive (we got ours at Walmart) and really improve your sleep. We LOVE ours. So does Teddy. He literally cannot wait for bed every night. When he's ready, he will catch our eye, trot toward the bedroom and then look back to make sure we are following so we can lift him up onto the bed. Then he'll bark if we don't join him. He likes the pack to stay together. Comfortably.

2. Crushed ice. Trivial, I know. I just really like my ice in tiny little crunchy slivers. I'm so glad the ice-maker here pulverizes it for me!

3. Pomegranate & Mango Body Wash. This comes in a big bottle, so I never take it with me when I travel. But it smells soooo yummy. And a lot of times I can pick it up for $1 or even free with a coupon when it's on sale. That makes it even more comforting!

4. Our ottoman. I'm a sloucher. I have to put my feet up and just burrow in when I'm watching TV or on my laptop. We have an ottoman that goes with our couches and so I'm used to being halfway horizontal whenever I'm "sitting". It always surprises me how many people don't have ottomans. They most likely all have better posture than me, but I'm more comfortable!

5. The sound of the rain on the roof. What's more comforting that being all warm and dry and cozy inside with a cute man and a sweet dog while listening to the rain fall on the roof? Safety. Comfort. Peace. Ahhhhh.

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

I LOVE crushed ice - it's the only way to go.

That pomegranate & mango soup sounds wonderful...I'll have to give it a try.

Any thoughts on the TWILIGHT potential recasting of Jacob?