We worked a looooong day today, and I'm dead tired but I had to get my post in before I nestle all snug in my bed...
At work today, the conversation turned to food (as it always does - it's sort of the running joke that we ALWAYS talk about food!) and we started discussing some of our favorite holiday treats. Food is a BIG part of any celebration for both of our families, and the Christmas season brings with it some favorite delights that I look forward to every year.
Today's Favorite Things are...
1. Egg Nog. Mixed half and half with ginger ale. Oh yeah.
2. Peppermint ice cream. With hot fudge, of course.
3. Fudge. A few weeks after we got married, Scott was bragging to me that he had "the BEST fudge recipe." He went and pulled it out of his recipe box, looked, and my mom's name was written on the top. (He had gotten the recipe from her years ago!)
4. Christmas Quiche. Our traditional Christmas morning breakfast.
5. Buckeyes. I started making these a few years ago when I became an Ohioan. Even though in my heart I am and always will be a Marylander, this chocolate and peanut butter confection has won over a corner of my heart for Ohio.
Now I'm off to bed, with visions of buckeyes dancing in my head...
What dances in your head this time of year?
A post about Michael
2 days ago