After a lazyish day yesterday, today I got busy. Cleaning house, doing laundry, paying bills, filing paperwork and generally being the household Office Manager, Accountant and Housekeeper.
Today's Favorite Things are...
1. Making lists. I started the day with a list of things to get done and crossed them off as I went along. I am a list-maker. I always have lists going...things to do, things to buy, people to call, ideas, errands to run... I feel so gratified when I cross things off that if I do something that wasn't on the list to start with, I'll write it down and cross it right off just for the satisfaction!
2. Cleaning house. I actually enjoy tidying my house. It's fulfilling. Yes, I know I'm strange.
3. All my laundry done at the same time. I realize all the moms out there are snorting at me, and I know that my day will come (hopefully)...but for right now I am taking pleasure in the fact that I can do all my laundry in one day!
4. Having my ducks in a row. I can't abide clutter or papers piling up. My dear husband calls it OCD, I call it being organized. Either way, at least I know where everything is!
5. Jammin' to some tunes while I work. Oh, dear, I just totally dated myself by using the phrase "jammin' to some tunes", didn't I. Oh well, I AM a child of the 80's and just to prove it, I cranked up the 80's music while I buzzed around today. It was, like, totally rad!
***I can't take credit for how pretty the house is, because it's not mine. The green couches and our photos are basically the only things I brought with us. I will, however, take credit for the sparkling windows and mirrors, lack of dust, clean counters, made beds and fluffed pillows. Scott will take credit for the clean toilets. He always does those! :) ***
3 hours ago