Sunday, December 21, 2008

Home For The Holidays

Well, after a quick 7 hour drive, we are Home For The Holidays! (It was quick to me - I slept some...poor Scott, it's really not fair.)

Today's Favorite Things are...

1. Pulling up to Mom and Dad's house. Even Teddy was excited - he popped his little head up to watch out the window as we came down the street. And when we let him out of the car he ran straight to the front door and started pawing to get in! He loves his Grandma and Grandpa.

2. It feels like Christmas! The Christmas tree, the nativity set, the greeting cards displayed from friends and family, special holiday decorations I've seen my whole life, being with family... I got a rush of Christmas cheer as soon as we arrived and have been buzzing with it all day.

3. Yummy treats. Remember the other day I said I was trying to "be good?" Yeah, that's so out the window.

4. Laughing. We always laugh a lot when we get together. Both of my parents have very fun senses of humor, and combined with Scott and his hilarity, it makes for lots of giggling. I love it.

5. The guest room. We call this room "the cave." It is in the middle of the house and has no windows. You can go into this room at any time of the day and fall dead asleep. We always leave here well rested!

And I'm headed to the cave right now... good night!

1 comment:

Sarah C said...

Merry Christmas! I am glad you get to be with your family for the holidays. Have a great time.