Monday, December 1, 2008

Socks...And Other Simple Things

It's December 1st and I don't have a wish list ready for Santa.

I have been thinking and thinking about it, but the only thing I can come up with is socks! (I really do need some.)

Here's the thing: I live in a fully furnished home, so I don't need anything for the house. And although a girl can NEVER have too many shoes, purses, clothes and accessories...my closet is actually pretty full right now and my current job requires me to wear a blue top and black pants. All the time. (yawn) There's only so much of that that I can take. I do think it would be really fun to have a Wii...but I can't bring myself to spend the money, I mean, let SANTA spend the money on one, because I am afraid we wouldn't use it enough to get our money's worth. (Scott's not much into video games and even though I totally love Guitar Hero, I suck.)

So, really, all I want for Christmas is socks.

And that got me thinking...It's usually the simple things in life that make me the happiest.

I think this is a perfect time of year to focus on how much I already have. So, having been inspired by my friend Katie, who blogged during November about all the things she is thankful for, every day this month I plan on blogging about my favorite things...those simple, little things that make me happy.

And so, Today's Favorite Things are...

1. My husband's sense of humor. The other day, I was...ornery. Just having a no good, very bad day and so I was off in the other room sulking, when this suddenly appeared in front of me:Not only did he bring me chocolate, he brought me funny chocolate. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this man has made me laugh every single day since we've been married.

2. Facebook. I've recently reconnected with some long-lost family members and friends and it makes me SO happy!

3. Walking into my bedroom and seeing this: Have you ever seen anything cuter? I didn't think so.

4. Snowflakes. Particularly the ones that fall gently and peacefully while I watch them out the window as I sit snuggled up on the couch with a mug of hot chocolate. Those are my favorite kind.

5. Warm socks. Straight out of the dryer and onto my toes is how I like em'.

Now go throw a pair into the dryer for a few minutes and say it with me...

"Ahhhh, bliss!"

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Nice post! It's great that your hubby can help pick you up when you're down. Teddy is so cute, I feel the same way about Maggie. It's funny how a little furball can capture your heart! :o)

Nathan and Leone Grimley said...

I have an idea for you, although it's a little late...how about a plane ticket to Taiwan to visit your long lost friend???